What are YOU playin' ? (game thread)

4 months later, with patch 1.21, I have finally finished Cyberpunk 2077, with small periods when I tried the patch of the day to see if they had solved my particular crash. 

It is infuriating, because you can see the tons of work, the potential, the sparks of glory, and it is surrounded by unbreakable railroads, countless bugs and performance problems, and missing opportunities that were well established in other games ten years ago.

It is the excellent writing in some side missions and the great atmosphere you get at times what makes it worse when it fails. I tried all of the endings and I am happy that the most satisfactory one was the one I picked first. Quite fitting with the No Future, No happy endings of Cyberpunk literature, but still quite bleak. Keanu clearly invested a lot in his Silverhand role, and it helps, even if you hate him most of the time.

The main story is a shambles, you have long pointless conversations, the character progression is random, and the crafting and improvement parts seem bolted in late. But the details really make it for me. How many gigs connect, how events appear in the conversation afterwards. And the non-combat scenes are welcome, at least for me, except for car races. The interface is so buggy and random that it becomes a chore. 

It has many details of a graphic novel, interspersed with a limited FPS and broken down RPG elements, with astounding visuals and attention to small details. I still like to ramble for 15 minutes in my car, taking the sights and watching the landscape and the people. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woohoo!  First Youtuber to react to Neofeud!  And he picked up on the H.R. Giger influence as well!   EDIT: So Kathy Rain was great but moves at a pretty glacial pace (relative to action gam

On a random note, if any of you were ever interesting in trying Dirt Rally out, it's free to play this weekend! And on sale for $18 since Dirt 4 comes out next month.   I just played all the

Has anyone signed up for Mez's beta? it's called All the Delicate Duplicates.

Posted Images