The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
xen0phile

bleak

Bleak... Hankley Common, location for James Bond's Skyfall, also the army training ground near me. I was caught in another crossfire of blank cartridges the other week. Lucky to escape with my hearing unimpaired.

bleak.jpg

Edited by gil
  • Like 3

Wow! Great lighting.

Noticed... No wedding ring, motel-type decor in background.

Edited by gil

There it is, I'll have to find a way to watch, just based on this still. "Bleak Street".

Veteran Mexican director Arturo Ripstein's latest is inspired by a true story involving mini-luchadores, aging prostitutes and a lethal dose of eye drops.

• Like 1

One of the reasons Republicans were able to pressure Nixon to resign was that they knew Nixon cared about the institution of the Republican Party.

Another reason is that they knew that Nixon would go away and keep quiet in a self-imposed exile after his presidency. He wasn’t going to spend his winter years taking shots at [Charles] Wiggins and Goldwater and Ford on Twitter 15 times a day.

Neither of those assumptions are operable with Trump.

• Like 1

Republicans want government to be paralyzed. This shields them from taking any action on the real problems which face the nation, particularly the cost and quality of education and health care, the degradation of the global environment, the collapsing competitiveness of American science and industry and numerous forms of inequality.

Whether he wins or loses next fall, the Blithering Fucktard has rendered the federal government largely useless and it will not recover any time soon. The prosecutorial capacity of the Justice Department has been neutered and if the Blithering Fucktard survives the election, he will own a Supreme Court that will protect him for the remainder of his life. If he loses, he will still be largely untouchable, able to hide behind procedural motions for at least the next ten years, or enjoy comfortable exile under the protection of Uncle Vladimir for the remainder of his natural life.

We just watched Chernobyl (3rd time for me, 1st for him) and damn but if that ain't the ne plus ultra of bleak.

• Like 1