Vaccination  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you vaccined for COVID19? What flavour? Any comments, single doses, combos, side effects or anecdotes in a post below...

• No, and I do not intend to.
    • No, but I will do when I am allowed.
    • Yes, Pfizer.
    • Yes, Moderna.
    • Yes, Astra Zeneca.
    • Yes, Jansen.
    • Some other one.
    • A combo of two (or more) different ones.
    • I cannot be vaccined due to some medical reasons.

As getting one is a kind of compromise of getting the second (and soon, the third...) jab, I prefer to count it as vaccined. My wife got her second Pfizer yesterday. We decided to spread the risk, so we got different ones, which is why I got Moderna. 

I'm not sure I could one jab as being vaccinated, as likely another 2 months before I get my 2nd.

Certainly not especially at point where I feel safe or keen to get back to working in office.

Though certainly I have a certain level of privilege inherent in that.

Been double-jab vaccinated for a couple months at this point. It's weird but life is definitely getting back to "normal" here.

Eight hours days back at the office commence tomorrow. Some restaurants now have servers wandering around without face masks, concert and movie places starting to open back up. Personally I am still avoiding eating indoors and not really down to see an indoor concert or movie any time soon either (5% chance of getting a flu-like version of COVID is still 5% higher than I really want), but I do feel pretty safe just stepping into a supermarket or whatever for 10 minutes without a mask if they don't require it. OTOH, there are also places still requiring you to hand sanitize before entering and full face masks inside, so the normality is not quite evenly distributed yet.

The difference between 50-60% resistance and zero is huge, even if it would be much better to be at 80-90%, not to mention the reduction in mortality. And for me, it clearly separates you from those that do not wish to get it, and the unlucky ones that do not have much hope of getting it any soon. Or are too young to really benefit from it.