The WGB

I've successfully completed the "fifty songs in ninety days" challenge for the sixth year running - in fact my song tally is currently 53. You can stream all of the many and varied compositions I've created this summer from the Fifty/Ninety site: http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/user/headfirstonly

If you've ever thought about creating a song, even if you only write lyrics, I can't recommend Fifty/Ninety and its sister event FAWM (which runs each February) too highly. FAWMers are highly supportive people and taking part is huge fun.

• Like 5

Congrats man!

Neofeud one year anniversary stream! :D

Neofeud has been out officially on all platforms for over 1 year this month! 

Thanks everyone who has supported me in the making of this game and my other projects, especially WGBers @db@s.smigiel@xen0phile@Noirjyreand @GreenRobot. I was not getting my hopes up on my one-person weird cyberpunk adventure game, expecting potentially to just have a few hundred sales, so I am blown away by how successful the game has been so far:

-1000+ sales

-Over 10,000 people wishlisted the game 

-Rated "Top 25 Cyberpunk Games" by Gamers Decide http://www.gamersdecide.com/pc-game-news/best-cyberpunk-games-pc

-Voted "Top 100 Indie Games of 2017" on IndieDB (point and click) https://www.indiedb.com/groups/2017-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100

-Featured on Funhaus, a Rooster Teeth production https://roosterteeth.com/episode/gameplay-2017-neofued

-Soundtrack of the Year, AGS forums. https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud/devlog/28642/neofeud-soundtrack-best-music-w...

And the sales and recognition just seem to continue to grow over time rather than peter off, so that is great!

Anyway thanks again to all my continued patrons (most are included in that list up there) and of course to William Gibson for coming on the podcast. Now I just need to get Keanu Reeves on there!

Edited by TwiliteMinotaur
  • Like 5

I'm doing Inktober for the first time. The challenge is to create one ink drawing every day for the month of October and post the results on social media. My efforts are appearing on Twitter (where I'm @headfirstonly).  This is my favourite so far. 

008.JPG

Edited by Chris H
  • Like 1

Never knew you were so talented in graphic things, Chris. I enjoy seeing these on twitter every day :)

Nice work Chris!

I've decided that our retro cyberpunk RPG the Terminus Machina sequel, will open on one huge pile of dead bodies with different color trenchcoats and shades, variations of JC Denton, Adam Jensen, CP 2077's V, Neo, and Christian Bale from Equilibrium. "You see that? That is all the wanna-bee cyberpunk noobs pile."

Choose difficulty setting:

"Hellscape"

"Harlan Ellison having a bad acid trip"

"LITERALLY HELL"  

and the hardest:
"Actually 2040"

375b8c0d6cd72fa1.jpg

Edited by TwiliteMinotaur
  • Like 2

Whoa, those have been massively embiggened!  The preview had them actual size and side by side, which was my intent.  Is there any way to stop the OTT enlargement here? 

Doesn't seem to be an easy way, at any rate. 🤔

I kinda like the lo-fi line noise juxtaposed with the shiny metallic nature of the subject matter though, fwiw…

SilverSpook1.png?width=621&height=453

First pass on my Silver Spook Halloween costume. Silver Spook is the homeless hactivist/revolutionary protagonist from my Deus Ex mod. The silverized trenchcoat is a craftable augmentation that thwarts infrared vision of the Predator drones so the AI police state has trouble shooting hellfire missiles at you.

SilverCoat1.jpg

Here's the in-game character. I think it's pretty close except I gotta go get some $3 sunglasses and chop the lenses up into isosceles triangles. :D

(Painting done by Green Robot!)

• Like 2

I met with @Wanderer and Meru this past Wednesday. Meru is doing all this cool, creative stuff, and I had to admit, I had not actually viewed any of it. I am terrible about that: I am so sorry. Not just with Meru, but WGBers in general. The same lack of executive function that causes me to let my room fall into absolute disorder also means, like, I rarely view new TV shows, youtube videos, books, etc.

I've probably read less than a half dozen books the past year, for instance :(

I'm taking a break tonight to save my back, but all my creativity this week leading up to Halloween, has been focused on getting the costumes done. Minibot #1 is a Skeleton Princess, Minibot #2 is a Skeleton Pirate, TM and I are going to be their Skeleton Parents, and of course I also made the Silver Spook coat and armor-shirt that @TwiliteMinotaur wore in today's live-stream.

I'm pretty pleased with how things are turning out! Haven't practiced the makeup yet though.

working .jpg

• Like 3