deaths

remotevoices

Just hearing about Xeno, and Gil.  I'd hired Xeno a couple of times for small jobs. He was smart, and very funny, although he would disagree with both statements.

I know his father had been ill as well, I'm not sure if he passed or not but I'm thinking about his mother and family.

Thank you for letting us know.

• Like 4

On 1/14/2021 at 8:02 AM, heavyboots said:

Oh man… he was so freaking young! This is very sad news indeed. Deepest condolences to his family. 😿

My thoughts, too. I met him once on a secret mission to Seattle. He seemed like such a thoughtful guy who was much better than he gave himself credit for. And he loved his cat. RIP dude...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't share here because I haven't been around here much, but. My dad passed in August 2020, right after my 32nd birthday.

He had a heart attack and died before he could be moved from the tiny hospital in Hope, BC that my mom had taken him to, to Vancouver.

A socially distanced outdoor memorial was held a short while later - obviously due to travel restrictions I was unable to attend but my cousin's father-in-law streamed the service to my mother's Facebook page. 

My dad is survived by his wife of 34 years and his nine children, as well as 3 (soon to be 5) grandchildren. He never met the third grandchild, who was born in December 2020 and bears his name. 

My dad was a complicated, frustrating, insecure, overbearing, friendly, mostly-kind, confusing man. He introduced me to the world of science fiction and specifically to Gibson, and for that (and what came into my life from that) I am forever grateful. 

Edited by GreenRobot
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, GreenRobot said:

I didn't share here because I haven't been around here much, but. My dad passed in August 2020, right after my 32nd birthday.

He had a heart attack and died before he could be moved from the tiny hospital in Hope, BC that my mom had taken him to, to Vancouver.

We are very sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...