• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My thoughts, too. I met him once on a secret mission to Seattle. He seemed like such a thoughtful guy who was much better than he gave himself credit for. And he loved his cat. RIP dude...

Just hearing about Xeno, and Gil.  I'd hired Xeno a couple of times for small jobs. He was smart, and very funny, although he would disagree with both statements.   I know his father had bee

RIP Muhammed Ali

Lemmy - December 1945 - December 2015.

Been breaking in the last hour or so in my twitter timeline, Angry Salmond twitter account posted this full live gig from 2005, so I'll go with that as a marker here.

I know some here were more involved with Motorhead as a band, as an institution. I had one or two albums, I saw them live. They remained in a league of their own really, as much because of Lemmy. So it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sister Lucy DuMont.  I only knew her as a nice old lady who worked out at The Gym.  She was nice to sit and chat with, when I had a moment.  I helped adjust a step-metering device for her once; wasn't set right for her stride length.  Hadn't seen her for a while.  Now I know why.

I did know she'd walked a marathon, because she'd set up a donation box in the staff-room beforehand [which I contributed to, when I remembered and had something on hand].  Didn't know the rest of it 'til now.

Patrick.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Prince - one of my favourites, particularly the video of Sign o' the Times.

Coming just a day after the death of Victoria Wood. All us Brits are very familiar with her. The series, which she wrote and starred in - Dinnerladies - is a classic.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jo Cox. Today a British politician was murdered by a right wing racist fucking bawbag. These are dark and sickening times. We do not approve.

I was going to click Like, but it might give the wrong impression. I do NOT approve of murder as a political gesture. The problem is that this guy is probably going to be tried at great length, and finish up spending a few years in prison or a mental institution at our expense, and then be released among us again, at our expense. Unlike his victim.