The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
xen0phile

The Work Thread

On 11/15/2019 at 5:45 PM, xen0phile said:

Shit, I'll miss Seattle, tho :(
[...]

I really am not a fan of Phoenix! So many Mormons! So much damn sun, and heat! I *want* the damn gloominess! I am not being facetious: I legit love the rain and gloom.

For you, xen0critter.

Cheers,

Patrick.

• Like 2

I got cold called (erm... cold emailed?) by a recruiter from Facebook. Dang. Did a prelim phone screen, and he seemed to like me. Uhhh... 

This would pay a lot of money, too 😮

well, "a lot of money" by my standards, actually a bit below average for a tech thing 😮 

• Like 2

Work is completely restructuring because we were quite hard hit by the coronavirus. Other INGO's have actually grown off of this, but not us. It didn't help that we were already in not-so-great a spot already... Not sure if my role will survive the next few months. So that's fun...

Been back to work for a month and a half now.
Still kicking.

I am really wary of late August/early October, as the second wave of the virus cresting ought to coincide with the Trump admin cancelling our 2020 federal elections... Yeah, hilarity will ensue.

I don't see business staying open more than a couple months from now, then the death and rioting will start in earnest.

There ain't a chance in hell president Fucktard is going to allow an election when he has a tailor-made disaster staring him in the face daring him to cancel them.

There is a vacuum in Nordstrom corporate management that I might be called upon to fill if I ain't careful. So many people retired early, got laid off, quit.... My current manager reports directly to a family member. I really don't want to leave my niche, but there is an infrastructure to rebuild. Friggin' crazy times.