The WGB
ArkanGL

What are YOU playin' ? (game thread)

So... I spent most of my time off playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I know it came out ages ago, and I always did want to try it out but never really got around to it. Now it has me completely hooked. 

On 6/26/2019 at 1:04 AM, editengine said:

I have been tracking mineral prices in Eve for the last couple of weeks.  The large Goonswarm alliance declared war on the rest of the game a few weeks ago and their campaigns have decimated the industrial base of a large section of the game, throwing markets into disarray. I should profit quite well from this when all is said and done, I am just hoping that my little corner of space escapes their notice.

oh hey, I never realised we have an EvE player here besides myself :D I'm a couple years out of action though, what with little kids and stuff, so temporarily a "console peon" (PS4), so my EvE life is in stasis. But my original corporation in that game gave rise to a bunch of friendships which has grown into a kind of multigame clan thing, and we are everywhere, from Destiny2 to The Division (2) to Warframe, sort of of a little bitter vet association :) 

Edited by mbravo

I’ve only watched ten minutes of ‘Cloud Punk’ but it is obvious to me the potential of its DLC:  Cross the theme with anything ‘Pet Care/Sitting’ and $$$.  The ‘Animal Crossing’ crowd can’t get enough, and this direction would work great, but if you wanted to get your ‘edge’ on, you could go to the lucrative industry of ‘Pet Health Insurance’, maybe even ‘Pet Black Clinics’, where your loved, beautiful, and awesome pet could get that kidney.  Anyway, I think I’ll check ‘Cloud Punk’ out.

I was expecting to spend most of the lockdown playing games, but I have been reading books instead. And in the same way most books I read are reread, I have also spent quite some time replaying games, mainly great space sandbox games (Obvious, in lockdown). Fallout 4, Skyrim... The only game I have finished is also an open sandbox game, but isometric, Seven. Quite good once you get used to the interface and the limitations of the viewing area. A master thief gets possessed by a demon (an AI from the past) and gets tied up in the search for what is functionally a Fallout vault. Not much dialogue or people interaction, and lots of skulking and backstabbing, but a nice difficulty ramp and a small independent gem.

Waiting for the yet delayed Cyberpunk, from CD Projekt Red, but I am underwhelmed by most of the games I have tried lately. 

Finally sat down and finished Life is Strange. Hol-eeeeeee shit! o_O

For those that haven't played it, it's worth the time. It's like Twin Peaks meets Twelve Monkeys meets Silence of the Lambs or something. Anyway, it crosses genres left right and center and makes it all work. And it's a story that's completely driven by your choices as a character!

Anyone else play it? Which final choice did you make? I was amazed how close the two were in percentages, TBH…

Also, apparently I wandered through the freaking disaster zone completely oblivious to all the people in need of saving around me, lol. I feel so embarrassed.

The Last of Us Part 2 — Possibly the most affecting piece of media I've consumed in the last decade. And that includes The Last of Us original video game.

Gorgeous scenery, powerfully drawn characters, smooth and seamless gameplay mixed with essentially becoming part of the movie during cut scenes… there's really nothing to say except this is an absolute masterpiece.