How many people are around?

Psychophant

How many people are around?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you check the board, even if it seldom changes?

• Daily. I keep my hope up.
    • Weekly. That way I always have something new.
    • Monthly. I just check for deaths and weddings.
    • When a new post arrives. I use the functions to get a warning when someone posts
    • Randomly
    • Never. I arrived here by mistake, or someone in Twitter put a link and I clicked it.
    • Always. I keep the board open in my desktop.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2020 at 09:00 PM

So, eight people, and only one lurker (Hi, Gromit!). Somehow I was hoping for a pool of lurkers that could be motivated back into activity. But what you see is what you have, so we are well below any normal activity threshold. That leaves another option, however, specialization. But to specialize in what?

• 2 months later...

Much to my irritation, Twitter has fucked up their security system even worse now and won't let you back in without a phone number. I refuse to give them one. I wrote tech support asking what to do but until then I'm off Twitter with all my accounts apparently…

Oh, and I should add that what triggers me as being recognized as spam or other malicious activity is apparently the fact that I use TweetBot instead of the Twitter app?? It's all I can think that differentiates me from anyone else using the site… 🙄

image.png.7619416907da8d9b955020854b68152f.png

image.png.9e39e919ef7d863253453b6c4051a18b.png

they did the same to me before, they go through phases of hitting a load of folk. do you have email in your profile? i guess you can't login to check? what i ended up doing was giving number to get back in, then going into profile to delete number. i had also previously deleted email address from profile - because every time i logged in i got a warning of suspicious behaviour, because i don't tolerate cookies. yay security theatre covering up tracking bullshit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw that this board existed and happy to be back amongst friends after 10 years or so in the wilderness (although I'm connected to many of you via twitter).  Can't believe I joined the OG board almost 20 years ago!!!  Anyway, glad this exists and thanks to those who made it happen.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...