The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
Bravus

Novel Coronavirus

Things are getting somewhat more serious here. Country is in "partial" lock down, which means schools are closed, bars and restaurants are closed, and all events (sports, cultural, etc) are cancelled. I heard rumors that the government is considering putting the country in a full lock down from Wednesday or Thursday onward. That would mean all non-essential stores would close, and perhaps there would be travel bans as well.

I went for a walk through the city on Saturday. Bruges is normally full of tourists and shoppers, but this weekend it was very quiet and empty. It's weird seeing he city like that. 

People have started panic-buying supplies, just like in other countries. 

The Trump conspiracy theorists are all saying it was a Chinese plot, so fair is fair I guess.

There was literally a pack of morons earlier on saying "So few deaths everywhere but China. Could it be because they've installed full 5g coverage? 🤔" I was so mad I just literally unsubscribed from anyone in there agreeing and left it at that. Didn't even bother to attempt to argue, lol…

Also, apparently Tucson and Phoenix just shut down all dine-in restaurants—take-out only from here on out. And no bars, night clubs, gyms, etc. They're all supposed to fully shut down.

20 hours ago, db said:

Are they paying everyone?

For the next two weeks, yeah, but I don't know how long that can last. My little corner of their empire is still functioning, but a photo studio can run on a skeleton crew. We're not hiring models, so all shots are "dynamic look". Essentially we're staging still life pictures. I have been the ghost in Nordstrom HQ, as they're all closed too, but my teams are working remotely. I get an email telling me what merch is where, and I retrieve it, get the shot and return the merch. There's plenty of cleaning and repairs around here too, so I am lucky in that I don't have to use PTO or take a loss. Even if they sent me home and paid me, they wouldn't pay me the overtime I consistently log...

Super weird times...

• Like 1

Meanwhile… genius coworker was out for a couple days and arrived back at work today, working as normal. Someone happened to glance at his FB page and discovered he'd posted something about "I had the coronavirus and it was no big deal. Over it in 4 days! Just keep the elderly self-quarantined and we'll all be fine. Closing local business isn't the answer!"

Cue hijinks…

I mean there's so many things wrong with his logic that I don't even know where to begin, starting with the fact that homie never. actually. got. tested. Let alone comprehended the concept of "flattening the curve" either?

Apparently the phone is ringing off the hook at HR today back at corporate HQ .

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I was in our flagship store today.

Just me.

Weirdest feeling ever. just wandering all alone through an empty Nordstrom.... Feels quite apocalyptic. 

• Like 4

It's kinda fucked up (because my job, and most other jobs, get threatened the further the line drops), but I sorta get excited when the DJIA line drops. Combo of "car wreck" meets "Trump get blamed"

(It's not necesarily even fair to pin the rises and falls on any particular POTUTS, but... I'll take it in this case! lol)

20120228.gif

#stonks

So, word came down from on high: Close the studio.

I have 2 days to shut down the largest commercial photo studio on the west coast for an indeterminate amount of time. 

Fuck it all.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I want to nuke Wuhan.
I want to break Trump's nose.
I want to kick Mitch Mcconnell in the spot where his balls ought to  have been.

I am ready to start some fires, build some bombs.

This whole fucking experiment was a lie from the start.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 6:45 AM, Boogerhead said:

I was in our flagship store today.

Just me.

Weirdest feeling ever. just wandering all alone through an empty Nordstrom.... Feels quite apocalyptic. 

Seen too many zombie movies: I'd definitely be twitchy af in that situation expecting someone seeking brains to pounce at any moment.

• Like 1