The WGB
heavyboots

what are YOU lookin' at?

Yeah, first season Orphan Black was excellent. It kind of tapered off a bit though after that. Although watching Maslany continually unveil new characters and still buying her as a different person for everyone of them is almost worth the ride by itself.

Oh yeah, and that I Am Mother NF movie didn't necessarily such, but it did smack a lot of their "combine some genre's everyone likes" cut and paste movie building.

Live in front of a studio audience

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/all-in-the-family-the-jeffersons-live-review.html

Available on Hulu, this is a Jimmy Kimmel hosted live cover of an episode each of All in the Family and The Jeffersons.  It is live TV with a great cast. If you ever watched either of the sources shows or not, this is worth you time.

I loved these shows growing up, for a kid in rural Florida they were probably my first exposure to discussions about feminism and racism and at the time I don't think I really noticed that this was what they were up to.

OK, I admit I broke out in goosebumps at the end of Stranger Things 3x01

Also, Endeavor S06 was good but not great. I feel like they rushed the ending pretty badly after all the setup for it.

Veronica Mars Season 4 — I'm only up to episode 3, but it is hilarious so far! They definitely managed to get either the OG writers back or ones with comparable levels of talent.

Also, I quite recommend Hysteria,  which is currently on Amazon Prime. Maggie Gyllenhaal is hilarious in it, as are both actors playing the doctors running the "hysteria-relief clinic".

The Boys on Amazon Prime is really well done so far. (I'm on episode 7.) Without giving away too much, there's a couple characters that are so note perfectly played that I have hella trouble sitting through the scenes with them, because I'm terrified to find out what psychopathic thing they're going to do next…

Slipknot has a video for their song "Solway Firth" that was used in 'the Boys', and the video made me want to watch the show. It seems rather intense and explicit.

Until Editengine showes me his Amazon trick, though, I have boycotted them.

Except for, you know, the internet.....

Edited by Boogerhead

I'm technically still sponging off my folks for Prime Video. They live 20 miles from the nearest town so free two day shipping is a gonga deal for them, lol. Amazon hates them. 😹

The Booth at the End https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1554369/

On amazon, this series from 2011-2012 is delightfully noir-ish.  The man at the end of the booth will give you a task, complete it and you get something you want.  It feels like an extended session of therapy, where people talk about their feelings and reveal the petty, altruistic, monstrous, and heartwarming things that they want and you see just how far they will go to get them.

The Wu Assassins — Surprisingly fun little martial arts/magic/San Francisco turf war mashup on Netflix. I'm up to episode 5 of 10 and still enjoying the heck out of it. Although they've wandered off on an outtake from Highlander right this minute so I'm totally confused, lol. (No really, everyone is speaking in Scottish accents and it's the 15th century.)

EDIT: Ok, so it kind of tapers off towards the end, but still an amusing little show.