The WGB
heavyboots

what are YOU lookin' at?

I dunno man, I just saw Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse on Monday. That may just be the best of 2018 for me (and you have no idea how shocked I am to say that!).

The visuals were amazing. The story was amazing. There's genuine character development and heart to the film. There's plot twists you totally wouldn't expect from a franchise film… there's so much to like about it basically!

Oh yeah, I also saw Mowgli on Netflix, which is quite cool because it actually sticks a lot closer to the Kipling book than the other films. And the Sabrina the Netflix Witch Christmas Special, which was refreshing because it's all about bad deeds and evil doings and Sabrina gets chastise for saying Merry Christmas instead of Happy Solstice or whatever it is witches supposedly wish each other. It's an anti-XMas holiday special of sorts, which suits my bah-humbug nature perfectly, lol.

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch was like playing an early 80's British prestige-cinema director's rendition of a point-and-click adventure game, produced with Twine, and 2018 Netflix-grade production value.

(Also makes my favorite point that corporate game production makes for shitty games outside of e-sports action bullshit, compared to small indie teams.)

Peppermint with Jennifer Garner is pretty good in an unstoppable action-hero on a revenge mission way.

Bird Box  was ok, but I still feel that A Quiet Place is a lot better movie and actually has something holding it together besides that dude from the History Channel going "Aliens!" (or maybe "Ghosts!" is more appropriate for BB).

Skate Kitchen is a super cute, if slightly painful movie to watch (if you're super empathetic like me) about a girl coming of age and trying to figure out who she is through her self-chosen skate girl identity.

As a Canadian who grew up in various small towns in Canada - can confirm that Letterkenny is a decent depiction of general small-town Canadian life. 

Hicks, skids, Christians, and hockey players... ;) 

• Like 2

Watched the first season of Good Girls over the last while. Enjoyed it but I think one of the least believable plot-points is that someone (anyone but particularly late-forties Matthew Lillard..) would cheat on Christina Hendricks 😄 
Fun to see Retta in something after Parks & Rec, and Mae Whitman is always great. The season ended on a major cliffhanger so I'm looking forward to season 2 when it hits Netflix.