The WGB
Marshdrifter

See you in Finland

As many of you know, I had an idea for an expedition patch. After a brief amount of discussion on Twitter, we decided on a Screaming Fist patch. Fuldog and Sentinel400 came up with the design and I ordered it from a manufacturer. I still have a few patches to mail out and a few more that remain unallocated. If anyone wants one, please feel free to contact me.

patch.jpg

• Like 3

I understand this might be a very much delayed request, but could someone link me to a bit of context here? :) Expedition? Finland? What was it and when?

Neuromancer reference! :)

Other segments were audio recordings of the Screaming Fist hearing. Willis Corto, Colonel, had plummeted through a blind spot in the Russian defenses over Kirensk. The shuttles had created the hole with pulse bombs, and Corto’s team had dropped in in Nightwing microlights, their wings snapping taut in moonlight, reflected in jags of silver along the rivers Angara and Podhamennaya, the last light Corto would see for fifteen months. Case tried to imagine the microlights blossoming out of their launch capsules, high above a frozen steppe. “They sure as hell did shaft you, boss,” Case said, and Molly stirred beside him.

The microlights had been unarmed, stripped to compensate for the weight of a console operator, a prototype deck, and a virus program called Mole IX, the first true virus in the history of cybernetics. Corto and his team had been training for the run for three years. They were through the ice, ready to inject Mole IX, when the emps went off. The Russian pulse guns threw the jockeys into electronic darkness; the Nightwings suffered systems crash, flight circuitry wiped clean. Then the lasers opened up, aiming on infrared, taking out the fragile, radar-transparent assault planes, and Corto and his dead console man fell out of a Siberian sky. Fell and kept falling...

There were gaps in the story, here, where Case scanned documents concerning the flight of a commandeered Russian gunship that managed to reach Finland. To be gutted, as it landed in a spruce grove, by an antique twenty-millimeter cannon manned by a cadre of reservists on dawn alert. Screaming Fist had ended for Corto on the outskirts of Helsinki, with Finnish paramedics sawing him out of the twisted belly of the helicopter.

• Like 1

I got the reference! :) was just wondering what was the occasion or relation to maybe some get-together of WGBers or something. By the way, the scale of the Corto's escape was always amazing for me, bordering on an immersion break, just because I have lived 400-ish km from Helsinki for many many years and also happen to know how freakishly far the Angara river is from there :)

but I'm definitely up for a patch, PM me the details?

• Like 1

Related: may be of interest (although I suspect shipping costs could be prohibitive...spreadshop operates in the EU though I think? originally German company)

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/bombasticloudmouth/nrol+39?idea=5db9d69320517624c52eafd6

If anyone wants a shirt with the screaming fist design, shoot me the graphic and I will gladly put it together.

23 hours ago, db said:

Related: may be of interest (although I suspect shipping costs could be prohibitive...spreadshop operates in the EU though I think? originally German company)

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/bombasticloudmouth/nrol+39?idea=5db9d69320517624c52eafd6

If anyone wants a shirt with the screaming fist design, shoot me the graphic and I will gladly put it together.

I'm not interested in a shirt, but can send you the image that I used.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:06 PM, Marshdrifter said:

As many of you know, I had an idea for an expedition patch. After a brief amount of discussion on Twitter, we decided on a Screaming Fist patch. Fuldog and Sentinel400 came up with the design and I ordered it from a manufacturer. I still have a few patches to mail out and a few more that remain unallocated. If anyone wants one, please feel free to contact me.

patch.jpg

Ahem.

YES!

• Like 1

OK!

Here they are.

As it happens, there's 20% off until midnight tomorrow (Eastern time I think?) Profits to whichever charities the artists prefer unless they'd rather have the $$ (does anyone have fuldog's email? he doesn't follow me on twitter)

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/bombasticloudmouth/screaming+fist?idea=5e45ef20f9376417e07c6264&color=black

1483948710_ScreenShot2020-02-13at17_19_13.thumb.png.09d47565143a39b59998b742205e6ab4.png914070820_ScreenShot2020-02-13at17_19_39.png.e21dfb85fc464f3a2678e36574db7c49.png222025660_ScreenShot2020-02-13at17_19_59.png.f17afad57dd6d69d75eb09356c4cdb7b.png18593569_ScreenShot2020-02-13at17_20_15.png.8925f38f0ea3740480d56df1dd315702.png

• Like 1