On 2016-01-25 at 3:31 PM, Garage_Rubin said:

Okay!  :-)  Gently, but without ambiguity.  This can be done...  By me?  Yes, me.

So yeah, I asked her gently, clearly, unambiguously, and the answer was `No thanks.'  Aspie Girl just wants a friend.  Okay, I'll be a friend.  This is not the answer I'd hoped for, but still a relief, because the hard part is not knowing what someone wants or expects from you.  Now I know, which takes a lot of the guesswork out of it.

She still likes me, and doesn't think any less of me for asking, so there's that.

On 2016-01-28 at 4:51 AM, Psychophant said:

I am also surprised it is so hard to find the right replacements.

Me too, guess I'll have to keep looking.  :-\

Cheers,

Patrick.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call this, "Glowing with the force, and swallowing strands of plastic beard, while keeping my grumpy Luke scowl." Punk Daenarys Targaryan in the back there.   Spoiler alert: she's my

So, this happened yesterday. Here are the happy couple in the Gothic Hall in the Oud Stadthuis in Brugge.  Lovely day.   

TM and I had dinner with db and Pigkilla, here in Honolulu! Good food, good conversation, good time had by all.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, db said:

Possibly an ingrown hair from your beard?

I have a cyst like that under my chin [and yes, they usually start with an ingrown hair], but it moves around with the skin; isn't anchored to underlying bone.

Good idea to get that looked at, Xen0, asap.  I hope it's nothing.

Mojo,

Patrick.

I'm strangely unperturbed by this all. Considering how anxious I get about things, you'd think I'd be freaking out.

Maybe I just have such a cosmic outlook (I get depressed a lot by e.g. heat death) that contemplating me having terminal cancer doesn't bother: I just don't think my life is that important.

I suppose what really helps that it's a big unknown at this point: it may very well be something perfectly benign.

Minor jaw lump update: I shaved, and now I see a small, pimple-like mark over part of it. However, it still feels like the mass of it is below the skin/on the bone.

Going to try to head to the doc this afternoon. I'll tell you all if it is/is not cancer.

(spoiler alert: it's probably not cancer)

Edited by xen0phile
On 2016-01-31 at 9:33 PM, TwiliteMinotaur said:

I did eventually find the part.  It was 359 bucks if you order it from OReily's (major parts retial chain).  It was $40 on eBay.  Yay e-commerce!

Would that online dating were that simple.  But hold on.  It could be.  And I could get paid $359 for my par...

Wait, this is a bad analogy, isn't it?

Nevermind,

Patrick.

I was thinking about joining Patreon- I hate it when people ask me about my creations, art whatever it is I do- I am not a personal seller, I don't advertise and spin myself-

Hell half the time I don't even like people-

You all know how i am- bah-

I suppose i won't let this stop me tho-

Never have I just have to think i on it i suppose-

I hate this crap- i wish i was talented enough, to look bored with them and turn away- and have people tolerate me-<_<

• Like 2

Behind on this thread. On phone, which is bad at linebreaks on the board. So this will be a lump of text covering everything.

But yeah, ingrown hair, I get those all the time with my beard, can be quite uncomfortable at times. Online dating, meh, pain, not had much luck with that. Patreon bemuses me, seeing a lot of people doing it. Starts to feel saturated. Think it also requires some level of output to earn the payments. Probably loads od folk on twitter you could discuss with.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, xen0phile said:

My tumor turned out to be an ingrown hair. #lulz

Yeah, almost nothing, and that's a relief.  :-)  I actually notice those more often [and tease the end out whenever possible] now that I'm bald-faced.  Just wondered; where is it exactly, that it would seem to be anchored deeper than the skin?

Cheers,

Patrick.

Back from a quick visit to Brussels, a meeting that was cancelled back in October. I wonder if they simulate why it is wrong to have people with assault rifles patrolling crowded areas. Let's hope it does not happen, but if they need to use them, any stray bullet can hit several people in a train station or in the Grand Place. More a feeling of insecurity than a feeling of security, in my case.

Most of the work was related to the nanomaterial regulations, beginning with the definition itself.

What a week we've had.

Preparing another Mythaxis (not yet complete, of course); Fish pond filter sprang a leak, nearly emptying the pond (valve burst in -8 deg C temperatures - valve replaced); Sewing machine cog wheel broke (part unobtainable, even for money - glued it together, it's holding so far); Called out to rescue 12 goldfish from a pond that was about to be bulldozed (Discovered that the location was about 50 miles away. Rescue achieved at sacrifice of time we'd planned to use for other work); Doing treatment for possible fish health problems (gotta do it when you introduce new fish); Cut a deep gash in a finger while cleaning glass; Guests today for lunch and bridge; Both of us still attending physiotherapy for golf-related injuries.

Guests have gone, and we've cleared up. Hoping for less trouble this week.

Edited by gil
  • Like 2
On 4-2-2016 at 1:11 PM, Psychophant said:

Back from a quick visit to Brussels, a meeting that was cancelled back in October. I wonder if they simulate why it is wrong to have people with assault rifles patrolling crowded areas. Let's hope it does not happen, but if they need to use them, any stray bullet can hit several people in a train station or in the Grand Place. More a feeling of insecurity than a feeling of security, in my case.

Indeed. They're not exactly making me feel that much safer. I don't know if you had a chance to walk around the center, but you also see armored military trucks everywhere. Some of them with a heavy mounted gun on top. What the hell is that supposed to be good for in a peaceful urban setting? They're almost canons! I'm not a tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist, but the idea that they're there mostly to frighten the populace into possibly accepting harsher security laws doesn't seem all that big of a leap anymore.

I'm thinking maybe that's what they had lying around -- military gear, intended for warfare, not really well-suited for peacekeeping.

Things are getting pretty silly over there, as they did in the US right after 2001/Sep/11 , but I hope cooler heads prevail [unlike what happened in the US...].  I also hope what you're seeing now is just some pointless muscle-flexing, meant to impress the terrorists and reassure the public, and won't amount to anything in the long run.  Well, that's what I hope.  Maybe I'm not being realistic.  :-\

moi@phnx1:~$ fortune -aim thatcherite
(knghtbrd)
%
Something must be Done
This is Something
Therefore, This must be Done
		-- The Thatcherite Syllogism
%

Mojo to any who need it.

Cheers,

Patrick.