• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call this, "Glowing with the force, and swallowing strands of plastic beard, while keeping my grumpy Luke scowl." Punk Daenarys Targaryan in the back there.   Spoiler alert: she's my

TM and I had dinner with db and Pigkilla, here in Honolulu! Good food, good conversation, good time had by all.

So, this happened yesterday. Here are the happy couple in the Gothic Hall in the Oud Stadthuis in Brugge.  Lovely day.   

Posted Images

as is typical during holiday times i've been particularly nocturnal, staying up to 5am last few nights. which lead to a particularly late start on the 2nd, where breakfast was pizza in a pub with friends at 4pm. today was slightly earlier start, met brother for lunch and a wander about. 4th is last day off, back at work 5th, not looking forward to that.

12 hours ago, remotevoices said:

as is typical during holiday times i've been particularly nocturnal, staying up to 5am last few nights.

I did this, lol. Except I'm back at work today, not tomorrow! So yeah, feeling a little woozy from getting up about the time I'm used to going to bed right now… o_O

• Like 1

i got an infected tooth goddamn it- my cheek is swollen up like i am sucking on a 1/4 of a baseball- it hurts too- since i am completely on welfare now i don't know how my dental is- i will find out tomarrow- I am on antibiotics hoping it gose down at least- My brother had to put down my moms dog- he was deaf and almost 20 years old, and had stopped eating- we kind of agreed to let him go to the farm- mom is  upset- i can understand-

Condolences for the dog, and I hope the antibiotics have already started to help.  I also hope it's a periodontal infection -- the connective tissue *around* the tooth, instead of the tooth itself.  That's easier to fix.

Try sleeping in a recliner or something, if you can sleep at all.  As with keeping an arm or leg elevated, resting sitting up reduces the blood pressure around your head; cuts down on the throbbing/aching.

Also, *DO_NOT* let a tablet of naproxen dissolve in your cheek.  That shit is caustic.  I made that mistake once, and the inside of my cheek peeled like a sunburn [but thankfully, it didn't burn deep enough to draw blood].  Letting a tab of ibuprofen dissolve in there will taste awful, but it gets the job done; applies an anti-inflammatory where it's needed most.

No wonder those prescription 500 mg naproxens upset my stomach...  *Nothing* upsets my stomach, not even that bad chili that one time, at a hotel that provided staff meals.  Okay, it did give me heartburn, but my co-workers all went home sick, one guy for a week.

Okay, sorry, enough horror stories.  Get Well Soon.

Mojo,

Patrick.

• Like 1

Well, that was a mistake...  Not the movie, or Aspie Girl recommending it to me, or me seeing it and telling her how much I liked it, but including this link in the message...?  That was a mistake.  :-\

The other day, we were talking about one-sided crushes -- Mr.Motormouth's crush on her, my crush on Mz.Clean [just being honest with her], and a couple of Aspie Girl's own crushes.  She had said she gets pretty focused on a person, but I didn't know it got to the point once, sometime in high-school, where she was no longer allowed to attend a certain class [had a crush on the teacher].  I didn't ask what she'd said or done to get turfed-out of that class, and probably won't, but it must have been inappropriate.

So that song from The Pretty Reckless would have had some obsessive overtones for her, which she's not exactly proud of.  :-\  I just thought it had a lot in common with that zombie movie.  I like songs that tell a story.  She did say it was great to see me again, but wasn't comfortable talking about `Warm Bodies'.  Hope I didn't ruin a good movie for her.

As far as I'm concerned, she can obsess about me all she wants -- if she wants.  Since I'm not really that interesting, I figure she'd get bored eventually, let me climb down off that pedestal and start treating me like a real person again.

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?  I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,

Patrick.

thanks for all the mojo- you guys are probably the reason i got kickass service at the ER-

couldn't eat or sleep caught a taxi to the er, the dr there was great, took away the pain and got me a room so they could saturate me in antibiotics- It was a little bit of a worry when th nurse last night didn't have a clue i wasn't diabetic- She at least looked properly apologetic when i told her for the third time i wasn't - mayhaps i was a bit rude when i asked if they wrote this stuff down for her to read- but you have some crazy wench come at you with a needle pokie thing- when you are mostly drugged into yur mind-

i had several conversations with fictional characters, that apparently bleed into the real world-

i apparently texted " I am the drug" to my friend- amougst many other things- very interesting couple days-

the doc lanced the wound so i could eat and so he can remove three bad teeth next week- still slightly in pain but i shall have relief in completion soon enough-

G Rubin- i think my crazy has passed the threshold, so yeah, be careful about that obsessing thing unless you are serious about this girl, i have seen it turn ugly in more ways than you can count- humans are crazy things-

anyhow still alive here- even a little-

• Like 4

Condolences for those teeth then, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

As for Aspie Girl...  Well, I'm not sure yet, but I like her enough to consider getting serious with her.  I do know her obsessions usually pass; for example, after seeing `Jurassic World' she went on and on and on about dinosaurs for quite a while, dug up some fascinating info about real paleontology, and then stopped.  As far as I know, dinosaurs are still interesting to her, but that one-dimensional otaku focus is gone now.  As said in another thread, maybe on the other WGB, I spent some time reading all I could about real primate intelligence, real ape language experiments, and the treatment of real lab apes, after seeing those recent `Planet of the Apes' remakes [and it turns out some of the best elements in those movies were not made-up, but simply well-researched].  So I can relate to that.

I wouldn't mind being her `new dinosaur' for a while, as long as the feeling eventually passes -- and as long as she doesn't try to kill any of my female friends in the meantime.  ;-P

Cheers,

Patrick.

Last night Aspie Girl gave a great presentation on -- being Aspie Girl, basically.

This was a writing group, somewhat more formal than the usual show-up-and-hang-out gatherings I'd been to, more like the Linux group meetings I used to attend.  The guy who coordinates these other get-togethers had some trouble getting audio through his laptop, so I was glad I'd brought mine [it's just more comfortable for me to type than write things out by hand, in case you're wondering].  So we hooked up its VGA and audio lines to the projector screen, and let her have at it.

She'd been preparing this for some time, and aced it of course.  I was a little surprised, but shouldn't have been *too* surprised at the similarities and differences between our stories.  Seeing her presentation made me want to do one myself, and I probably will.

Mr.Motormouth seems to hold his tongue better in a more structured setting, and I'm all for that.  ;-P  There was a bit of possessive/defensive insecure bullshit, which I found more amusing than anything else, but he kept the snark to a minimum.

Cheers,

Patrick.

Did you know you can bend whiffle- but you can't bend "the happy"

went to the dental surgeon today- thought i was just going to go over the ct scan- But he told me which teeth had to go agian-

I told him Koo- He told me we'd do it today then- I had stars in my eyes for the idea of relief-

Well, it turns out my jaw has unusual and refused to let go of my teeth with out a painful fight-

So, we only got two out-took to hours-

the third i am actually not in real danger- But, he is worried it might abscess, so we figured get it out-

that will happen next week-

Edited by Noirjyre
bad bad grammar

Uh, whoah...  With all the talk of Aspie Girl and Mz.Clean, I missed something important here.  This is terribly out of character for me, and I apologize.  It's not the kind of thing I'd normally miss.

On 1/10/2016 at 9:12 PM, Noirjyre said:

G Rubin- i think my crazy has passed the threshold, so yeah, be careful about that obsessing thing unless you are serious about this girl, i have seen it turn ugly in more ways than you can count- humans are crazy things-

Your crazy.  You have crazy.  What kind?  How much have you got?  I'm intrigued.  ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick [*still* not getting the hang of this `self-preservation' thing...].

I think everyone has a little of the crazy- with certain opiates some of mine just climbs closer to the surface- I am not sure i would bottle it- Since it would be a little pointless, what would I do with a bottle of my crazy- I couldn't give it to people, I think that's illegal isn't it?

Maybe, i could use it for plants-

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Noirjyre said:

I think everyone has a little of the crazy- with certain opiates some of mine just climbs closer to the surface- I am not sure i would bottle it- Since it would be a little pointless, what would I do with a bottle of my crazy- I couldn't give it to people, I think that's illegal isn't it?

Maybe, i could use it for plants-

I got a full year under opiates after my aneurysm ruptured here. This was a strange experience, I'm normally someone always into a fight or flight mode. Opiates totally tuned this down while they were just supposed to be painkillers. Frankly I was at the point a bomb could have dropped next to me and I would have just shrugged it off. The terrible side effect was that I would be painfully upfront with everyone.
But on the plus side, while everyone and most doctors warned me I would have to progressively quit because of withdrawals issues, i actually quit cold turkey when I started my previous job in Paris. No side effect, no withdrawal, no nothing apart from well, anxiety being back as usual.

Edited by Digitalyn
Frenchies can't english
  • Like 2