The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
Garage_Rubin

So what happened to YOU today?

I honestly don't know. This was just what was listed on his prescription for 60(!) percocets. :(

I guess I am going to have to start working again, to support the household if/when he leaves work. FWIW, our household expenses are not huge: my two younger brothers both work, too (17 year old still lives with us and works in the grocery store, 22 year old lives away and is in the army). Also, house mortgage payments are low and almost done, since we are privileged enough to have purchased this house in the 1980s.

I still resent my situation. I resent that the best jobs I can get are warehouse/production jobs. I resent that I haven't done better with my life, feel like I am putting my talents to a waste. Resent that I am stuck living with a soon-to-be-dead father, and a neurotic, incompetent mother.

MEANWHILE. Some fuckhead in a lifted Bronco lead police on a high-speed chase through my neighborhood last night. He was high on amphetamines. He got PITted by the cops, and captured. No injuries.

44308827_10156833285313530_3832405228095799296_n.jpg

TBH, I'm not really treasuring what could be my last years/months with my dad, but instead have returned to my normal state of being mildly annoyed by his presence.

The Minibots were up super early this morning so we ended up doing "day" versions of their costumes. 
M was a "tired dying" princess during the day, and a Skeleton Princess for trick-or-treating. 
Z was a pirate during the day, and a Skeleton Pirate for trick-or-treating. 

I am now exhausted! 

collage2.jpg

• Like 2

Saw that on facebook :D she's quite the cutie!

GR, great work with the makeup on your Minibots!!

• Like 1

Not today, but over the weekend.  We drive up to Connecticut to visit the in-laws.  Traffic, tolls, and cold.  Turkey day was 3f with the wind and we stayed with Uncle and his wife in their home that is being remodeled.

Dinner at another Aunt's house where the food was plentiful if not well prepared.  The following night we went back for leftovers and Uncle felt it appropriate to let spew with racist bullshit at the table.

After some really unbelievable language (the N word is ok because "they" use it to describe themselves") in front of my kid I had enough and told them so.  Then he starts with "you know whats wrong with your generation..." and I raised my voice and cut him off.  Then I stood up, cleared the table and moved to another conversation.  Since we were staying at their home we knew we would have to see them again, yet we managed to avoid talking about it for the following day until we left.

Once upon a time I let this kind of crap go to avoid confrontation.  But I have found that tolerance of hateful language and behavior just seems to ask for more hateful language and behavior.  They complained they had the "right" to speak however they wished, I noted that doesn't protect them from being told they are ignorant racists.  Say what you want, don't expect me to let it pass though.  Ever.  I don't want to change your mind, I don't want to "understand your point of view", and I don't care about your feelings.

So, how have the holidays been going for everyone else?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, editengine said:

So, how have the holidays been going for everyone else?

Spent it in hospital. A minor op became complicated.  I'm home now, wrung out and weak as a kitten. Miaow....

Oh no, Gil, hope you're better soon ❤️

We had a very nice French meal in a restaurant because Pigkilla didn't want to do the dishes after a big holiday hoo-rah. We had invites to a couple of potluck orphans' Thanksgivings, but we enjoyed our night out a lot.

Well damn! I literally slept late after playing Red Dead Redemption 2 all night and then got up to a cold, gloomy day and couldn't convince myself to go for a bike ride until I realized it would be dark before the end of the ride so I would get to test my new light. Then I drove over to some friends and helped them clean up a little and just generally caught up on their lives in the last 45 minutes before they shut the party down, went back home and launched RDR2 again. 😹

Kudos to Edit for not putting up with racist BS. Mojo to gil for a swift recovery!

Thanks db and heavyboots for the mojo. Thoroughly miserable right now but Beryl keeps thrashing me into acion, which is working.

• Like 3

Amazon email I just received.

We're writing about the order you placed on October 01, 2018 (Order# 113-9814357-0396253). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Gibson, William "Agency"

Estimated arrival date: September 03, 2019

Damn Twitter! I have a theory that Bill's workday is shorter as a result of his Twitter input.

I have just about 50 people I follow, but have never been able to find time to keep up with my twitter stream even for one day!

There are very few choices I have ever made that later I look back on and think, "good job, you! that was a great decision!"  But quitting social media was certainly one of them.  I still have a linkedin and an FB page that I push out work stuff through but I don't ever use SM otherwise.

See I went the other way and shut down everything except Twitter. And SnapChat, I guess…

Anyways, what happened to me yesterday was I went and swiped my credit card at the Temple of Apple and toddled out with an ugprade to the XS. (Pronounced Excess in my brain, despite Apple's best marketing attempts.) Amazingly easy to forget about the fact it has not button, except that I did practice my biometrics panic locking a bit because, holy crap, is it easy to accidentally unlock just by waking it up. If you don't disable biometric unlock it and are ever in a police/border patrol/robbery situation they are going to be able to force an unlock in seconds just by holding the phone up to your face. (Unless you can keep your eyes closed the entire time.)