At least you have an incoming administration who aren't bumbling psycopaths who think that all they need to do to gloss over failings that are costing a thousand lives a *day* here at the moment is to muss up their hair and do their best Benny Hill impersonation. And at least you haven't just ignominiously crashed out of the largest free trade conglomeration in the Western Hemisphere. Here in the UK, things are looking bleak. The power's been flickering here tonight, which is unusual. I hope it's not a sign of things to come...

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm still alive and kicking.   Carry on.

Hi everyone. I miss the WGB. I miss being on here (or rather here) every day. I miss Wraith (RIP) and Lester (RIP) and JohnBellham and hurts Charmakarmakat  and Lithos and even the Hydra, a bit. I wou

Merry Christmas, everybody! 😹     In 2008 my mom instructed me to "sober up" and send my own Christmas cards to family and friends. Here's every year since, including the new one for 20

Posted Images

On 12/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, Marshdrifter said:

I'm not optimistic about it, tbh. For the past few years people have been talking about how bad the year was and how things will improve with the new one. They haven't.

Some things will be better, but the cascading failure has started and will continue to increase in intensity and numbers.

Well, yes and no. On the one hand, I agree there's probably more systemic failures ahead of us, but OTOH, if last year was the year of the pandemic, hopefully this is the year of the vaccine…

• Like 1

Looking back to history, intimidation of politicians by small group of armed supporters is classic fascism. This will generate martyrs, as quite a few people will be going to jail for this (all those cameras and selfies will bite them back), and create a hardcore group of violent excons for 2024. 

The erosion of credibility of the democratic process is what makes dicatorships possible. It is one more step in the wrong direction. The fact that DC and Capitol police, with apparently one single exception, are unwilling to shoot white people will also make things worse.

We will continue with our slo-mo drift to dystopia after the ad break.

• Sad 1
On 1/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, Chris H said:

At least you have an incoming administration who aren't bumbling psycopaths who think that all they need to do to gloss over failings that are costing a thousand lives a *day* here at the moment is to muss up their hair and do their best Benny Hill impersonation. And at least you haven't just ignominiously crashed out of the largest free trade conglomeration in the Western Hemisphere. Here in the UK, things are looking bleak. The power's been flickering here tonight, which is unusual. I hope it's not a sign of things to come...

Why you gotta badmouth Benny, man?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clicked onto the wrong end of this thread and noticed this...

On 12/18/2015 at 11:14 AM, remotevoices said:

i look forward to attaining the rank of god emperor. how many posts do i need to transcend to that??

It hasn't aged well.  :-\  Not your fault though.

Cheers,

Patrick.

• Haha 1

If anyone is feeling so philosophically down from all the current headline video, we all know the fight must start again, even if it's tomorrow morning.  Not that I don't go off all stream of consciousness crazy, but I recommend reading or re-reading the Conan the Barbarian Belit short story for magic, and if I may quote:

"And she danced, like the spin of a desert whirlwind, like the leaping of a quenchless flame, like the urge of creation and the urge of death.  Her white feet spurned the blood-stained deck and dying men forgot death as they gazed frozen at her.  Then, as the white stars glimmered through the blue velvet dusk, making her whirling body a blur of ivory fire, with a wild cry she threw herself at Conan's feet, and the blind flood of the Cimmerian's desire swept all else away as he crushed her panting form against the black plates of his corseleted breast."

• Like 1