The WGB

But WTF do I do with my life *now*? I mean, I'm happy to keep grinding away for more money, but...

Now it's time to develop hobbies! :)

It all feels like I'm rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic some days.

But it's me filling time until I die, and the universe heat deaths.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, xen0phile said:

In the last 3 months, I'm averaging less than five hours of sleep / 24 hours, says Fitbit.

You might wanna try to get more sleep.

Just a suggestion, not telling you how to live your life or anything.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, xen0phile said:

In the last 3 months, I'm averaging less than five hours of sleep / 24 hours, says Fitbit.

Wait, that's not how it's supposed to work? 🤔

(Current month I'm at 4:54 average, but I admit I've been as high as 5:48 last month and as low as 4:15 in November for some reason.)

For some reason, that's the best I have ever been able to do. At my worst, I was frequently awake for 48 to 72 hours before grabbing 3 or 4 hours.... Sleep is overrated.

One thing I will say is that I'm using myself as a human trials lab rat for a paper that some researchers did about combining green tea and gamma oryzanol to help combat build up of the plaques in your brain that cause Alzheimer's. Supposedly mice with the Alzheimer's gene showed marked improvement at maze running when they were given this specific combo and it doesn't seem like it has major side effects to take reasonable amounts of it, so I figured what the heck. So far, I can say that I feel like I can think more clearly on days I only get 3 hours sleep with it, so that's a good thing I guess? Don't know if it's placebo effect or not though since I know I'm taking it… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disappointed by steak, yet again. Most overrated meat there is. Because who doesn't love gnawing on gristle? Just give me a leather shoe with some A1 sauce while you're at it.

There are some good steaks out there; I used to eat filet mignon most of the time because it comes in small portions and sometimes wrapped in bacon (tournedos) which I like. But nowadays when I go to the trouble of having a steak in a restaurant it's usually a ribeye or a NY Strip if it's a good place for steak. But I mean trim, aging, and cooking count for a lot with steak. So I don't tend to eat it unless I'm somewhere I trust the kitchen.

I'm sorry you were disappointed but it's probably just as well, given how horrible it is for the planet.

• Like 1