The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
Psychophant

Random

19 minutes ago, xen0phile said:

"I think of religions as franchise operations. Like chicken franchise operations."
--William Gibson (from "No Maps For These Territories")

apropos to the current US fast food scene, I suppose!

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I just remember how the biological parents of Ike (Kyle's adopted brother from Canada) gave him up because Canada was suffering from the "Cola Wars".

• Like 1

Back in the 2000s, studying at the community college, I'd hang out with my stoner classmates, and they'd get Ezell's sometimes. It *was* pretty damn good. But, TBH, fried chicken in general (like pizza) is good, particularly under the influence (again like pizza).

This was at their Lynnwood location. Had various religious stuff on the billboard outside.

IIRC, he doesn't even own "Ezell's" anymore, but rather "Heaven Sent Chicken" (which has a franchise nearby in south Everett, but which I have not tried).

• Like 1

Speaking of the SFBA, *are* there any particularly scary bits I should avoid? I honestly don't know. FWIW, I live in a shitty suburb with gang tags everywhere, and I've witnessed multiple gang shootings first-hand, so I'm not, like, just off the turnip truck.

This was kind of interesting to watch/listen to actually. Doesn't address the feel each one has for the pianist, but interesting to hear the differences in sound.

• Like 2

The grands sounded better to me than the upright, but I think that's the point.

Between the grands, while, to my ear, there were tonal differences, one didn't sound drastically better then the others.

Especially not for the differences in price.

• Like 1

The propellers around the ends of her arms began to slow down and Ivanka glided down from the saucer. Softly, she landed on the surface of the planet. "So this is Earth," she thought.

"It will be mine," she said, her lizard tongue writhing against her cheeks.

EDk_pKZWkAA9AQ8?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

"Is Ivanka's dress: made from Kermit? Morphing into a pup tent? The result of climate change? Available with ranch dressing? An entire 1971 living room? Her tribute to dirty money? Five bridesmaids dresses? What happened when her Dad drained the swamp? A patio umbrella that died?"