The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
Psychophant

Random

Most encouraging thing I have seen in nearly 2 years, though, I don't understand how the Democrats plan on winning an election using a system that's been proven to have been commandeered by Russia. I truly believe that if the next election isn't a trap set to catch the GOP red-handed, that we're in for 4 more years of the Blithering Fucktard at the helm.

Then, one by one, his stupid children will take turns fucking things up.

I only hope president Barron takes it easy on us senior citizens.

12-electoral-map-2020.w700.h467.2x.jpg

That's a very southern sentiment. I'm always reminded of it when I hear Mr. G read, and having heard him read, it influences the way I read his work.

I had a buddy from Houston who had made it a sort of mantra, and it always stuck with me. People tend to get impatient, or assume you're slow when you operate in such a manner.

It never hurts to be initially underestimated.

A New Yorker that moved to florida told me he got why southerners talked and did things slowly his first summer down there, "It's too hot to do anything fast!"

• Like 2

Years ago, I was invited to a screening of a documentary called "Jesus Camp" which confirmed a lot of my suspicions about evangelical xtianity. Namely, that christians/conservatives/republicans want to kill us.

When do we decide enough is enough? When do we admit that there is no god, and anyone telling you otherwise is a liar, a charlatan, a con man? When do we admit thatNO ONE knows what happens when we die?

Is that really too fucking much to ask?

Because the alternative is starting to look like open civil war.

"The new discovery of topological superconductivity in a two-dimensional platform paves the way for building scalable topological qubits to not only store quantum information, but also to manipulate the quantum states that are free of error," observes Shabani.

I know it's popular to dunk on Tarantino these days (and, I don't necessarily disagree), but the intro scene to "Jackie Brown", watched (as I did) stoned out of your gourd, is absolutely gorgeous.

(The long hallway in the airport, and then Pam Grier appears: "She is the most beautiful woman ever" ran through my mind :) )

jackiebrown-hero.jpg?resize=1200,600&

• Like 2

It wasn't industrialized nor did the native Americans rely on it to make their economic systems work. The scale is what separates the two examples.  While slavery has existed for thousands of years in some form or another the importation of Africans to South and North America was profit driven.  It also was required to make the economics of both the exploitation of south America and the economy of the southern U.S. function.