The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
Psychophant

Random

16 hours ago, Psychophant said:

2018-10-28.gif

Some Random. And some empowerment

Wondered if any one had posted this.

I would totally watch an all-female (except Ellis) Die Hard.  Several times.  At the theater.

I don't get these all female remakes, Oceans 8, Ghostbusters etc.

Its as if the studio is saying, "we have no strong ideas for female characters so lets just dust off something that made money before and make it with women".

I WANT THIS DECADE'S RIPLEY GODDAMMIT

• Like 1

Oceans 8 was kind of neat but slow and kind of pragmatic (which is appropriate! but it lacked effervescence (or maybe it's just that it lacked Clooney, who kind of puts the bubbles in my Champagne)).

23 hours ago, editengine said:

I don't get these all female remakes, Oceans 8, Ghostbusters etc.

Its as if the studio is saying, "we have no strong ideas for female characters so lets just dust off something that made money before and make it with women".

I WANT THIS DECADE'S RIPLEY GODDAMMIT

Well for me that was Charlize Theron in Mad Max, but I agree we could always use more!

• Like 1

I hadn't thought of it in years until we were discussing a thing at work and I shared it with my team

You know, if you don't tell these kids about our history...

• Like 1

new aesthetic genre "punkpunk" incorporates geegaw 1970s/1980s flourishes, like steampunk except it's all wood paneled rooms and CRT tubes and shit

Related image

Dark Enlightenment meme: Gnon, "the god that punishes you for touching a hot stove".

There is an obvious correspondence to e.g. AIDS: "god punishing the degenerates for going against natural law". But, anyway, I am a liberal transhumanist who seeks to defy god, who seeks to overthrow the natural order. Dammit, why *should* you be punished for touching hot stoves? (One of CS Lewis's "Out of a Silent Planet" had a concept of Venus as being an Eden where this was basically how it was).

real fucked up when I consider the idea tthat I'm actually one of the less stupid, lazy, and fucked-up members of humanity: if I'm actually doing well for a human, WTF chance does the median human have?