The WGB
Sign in to follow this  
Psychophant

Random

broke: Defending 2010s Mexican soccer fans for hollering "puto" at opponents because you don't want to impose neoliberal US values

woke: Defending 1410s Aztec priests ripping out slaves' hearts because you don't want to impose neoliberal US values

"Survival of the Richest: the wealthy are plotting to leave us behind"

https://medium.com/s/futurehuman/survival-of-the-richest-9ef6cddd0cc1

Neofeud, confirmed for reality, 2020-2030!

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers — if that technology could be developed in time.

Whatever anyone thinks about capitalism, it's dying. Billionaires KNOW this. All we can do is speed up the demise of capitalism, so it happens BEFORE extreme automation, and collectivise the post-capitalist AI/automation. Because if capitalism and extreme inequality still dominates WHILE total automation happens, anyone who doesn't have 9-figures in an offshore bank is going to die, or going to live in a Gaza-like torture chamber for the last decade before they die.

Edited by TwiliteMinotaur

"AI Cities make us into pets, but happy pets."

I distrust this particular flavor, because AI is all up in cities, and cities are increasingly sky-raper-crowned gutters of homeless Uberized starving sadness.

AI is not going to overthrow the Amazons, Facebooks, hedgefunds, military-bureaucratic-postindustrial complexes that own and operate them for profit and a small number of large egos, and magically turn gud.

https://medium.com/s/futurehuman/digitocracy-a-story-by-andy-weir-a13c0412e50d

Apparently there's a Bruce Willis Roast going on on Comedy Central right now. 

Which I want 20% of the revenue from, because Neofeud is basically one long Bruce Willis Roast!

df9b591eef4a7901.png

voting_software.png

Which inmediately brings to mind Winston Churchill's quote.

How is that word “democracy” to be interpreted? My idea of it is that the plain, humble, common man, just the ordinary man who keeps a wife and family, who goes off to fight for his country when it is in trouble, goes to the poll at the appropriate time, and puts his cross on the ballot paper showing the candidate he wishes to be elected to Parliament—that he is the foundation of democracy. And it is also essential to this foundation that this man or woman should do this without fear, and without any form of intimidation or victimization. He marks his ballot paper in strict secrecy, and then elected representatives and together decide what government, or even in times of stress, what form of government they wish to have in their country. If that is democracy, I salute it. I espouse it. I would work for it.” —House of Commons, 8 December 1944

• Like 1